Ohio Dept. of Insurance hosting virtual town hall to help Ohioans with Medicare open enrollment
Governor Mike DeWine, Ohio Dept. of Insurance Director Judy French, and Medicare experts will join forces on Monday, October 18 at 3 p.m.
TOLEDO, Ohio — Ohio Department of Insurance Director Judy French and the department’s Medicare experts are holding a virtual Medicare town hall on Monday, October 18 at 3 p.m. The town hall includes a live webinar, Everything You Need to Know About Medicare Open Enrollment, that will help Ohioans understand Medicare changes for 2022, how to compare options and select coverage, and ways to save money. Medicare open enrollment runs from October 15 through December 7th.
After comments from Governor DeWine and Director French, the department’s Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP) Medicare experts, will:
- Cover Medicare basics, such as eligibility and enrollment, Original Medicare Part A and Part B, secondary insurance, prescription drug coverage, and Medicare Advantage.
- Discuss factors affecting coverage decisions.
- Explain searching plan options by specific geographical area.
- Share income and resources figures for financial assistance eligibility.
- Provide tips to protect against Medicare fraud and report it.
- Answer questions.
OSHIIP is the state of Ohio’s official Medicare education and assistance program. For a schedule of open enrollment on-site and virtual Medicare Check-up Day events, visit insurance.ohio.gov. Staff is available Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 1-800-686-1578 and OSHIIPmail@insurance.ohio.gov.
Ohioans can also call 1-800-MEDICARE, 1-800-633-4227, 24/7 for Medicare help. Medicare plan information for 2022 is available at medicare.gov.