Toledo-Lucas County Traffic Update | Week of September 13, 2021
TOLEDO, Ohio — The next week will be one of dodging orange barrels throughout Northwest Ohio, so here’s what you can expect.
- I-75, between Buck Rd. and Monroe St., Toledo/Rossford/Northwood, will be down to two lanes in each direction for a major reconstruction project. Lane restrictions and overnight ramp closures are possible, with work expected to wrap in fall 2023.
- The Anthony Wayne Trail, between Western Ave. and downtown, will be closed for overhead girder removals overnight on Thursday, September 16 and Friday, September 17, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
The following restrictions will be in place nightly, Monday-Friday nights, 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., September 20th to the 25th.
- Manhattan Blvd. on-ramp to southbound I-280 will be closed
- Southbound I-280 exit ramp to Greenbelt Pkwy. (Exit 11) will be closed
- Greenbelt Pkwy. on-ramp to southbound I-280 will be closed
- Northbound I-280 exit ramp to Galena/Greenbelt (Exit 11) will be closed
- Southbound I-280 exit ramp to Front St. (Exit 9) will be closed
- Front St. on-ramp to northbound I-280 will be closed
The I-475 ramps will be closed and Central Avenue over I-475 reduced to one lane in each direction for pavement marking research, overnight on Wednesday, September 22, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. The following ramps will be closed:
- Northbound to westbound ramp will be closed
- Westbound to southbound ramp will be closed
- Eastbound to northbound ramp will be closed
- Southbound to eastbound ramp will be closed
If rain becomes an issue, research will be moved to Thursday, September 23.
I-475/U.S. Route 23 will undergo lane restrictions and closures for bridge deck sealing, nightly through September, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- I-475 between Holland-Sylvania Rd. and Central Ave.
- S. 23 between I-475 and Monroe St., over Sylvania Ave.
- Northbound I-475 to Northbound U.S. 23 will be closed overnight Friday, September 17 and Saturday, September 18, from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Detour: Westbound I-475 to Corey Rd. to eastbound I-475 to northbound US 23. US 23 is closed near Dundee, Michigan/Exit 17. Impacted motorists are encouraged to take I-475 to I-75 to I-275 to I-94 to US 23.
- I-475 near/over Secor Rd.
- Westbound I-475 ramp to Northbound US 23 will be closed, overnight September 24 and 25, from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Southbound US 23 ramp to eastbound I-475 will be closed overnight September 24 and 25, from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- I-475, between Douglas Rd. and the I-75 split, over Upton Ave., may be reduced to one lane overnight, daily, from Sept. 20 to 25, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9 p.m. to 9 a.m., Friday and Saturday nights.
Starting Sunday, I-475, between Douglas Road and I-75, Toledo, will undergo lane restrictions and ramp closures for resurfacing, with work expected to wrap in October. Additional restrictions will be announced.
New Announcements/Upcoming Impacts:
- I-475, between I-75 and Douglas Rd., will undego overnight lane restrictions, nightly, through Sunday, September 19, from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Ramp closed from WB I-475 to Douglas Rd., Thursday, September 16, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Ramp closed from Douglas Rd. to EB I-475, Thursday, September 16, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Ramp closed from NB I-75 to WB I-475, Friday, September 17 at 9 p.m. through Saturday, September 18 around 6 p.m.
- I-475, between I-75 and Douglas Rd., will undergo daytime and overnight lane restrictions on Saturday, September 18 and Sunday, September 19.
- Ramp closed from southbound I-75 to westbound I-475, Saturday, September 18 at around 6 p.m. through Sunday, September 19 around 6 p.m.
- Intermittent on- and off-ramp closures are required during paving.